Thursday, September 16, 2010

Federer Skips Davis Cup and the Swiss Cry

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - SEPTEMBER 11:  George Bastl and Roger Federer bump into one another while warming up during the Swiss Davis Cup teams practice session at Melbourne Park on September 11, 2003 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Mark Dadswell/Getty Images).
Look how much fun young Federer used to have with his Davis Cup friends

Roger wrote the following on his official website:

Dear Fans,
I have decided not to join the Davis Cup team to Kazakhstan. I need some extra time to relax after the intense weeks in North America so I can finish the year strong.
See you soon,
Roger

I don't think anyone will be too surprised by this. I guess it is a little surprising as Roger has played a tie for the Swiss team every September since 2004 to help the team keep their elite status in the Davis Cup. But as he gets older it's probably better for him to focus on staying healthy for the slams, and I want him around for as long as possible, so if he thinks this is the best idea for him then that's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...